To manually close a line item on a purchase order in QuickBooks, follow these steps:
- Locate the purchase order in the Create Purchase Orders window
- Locate the line item you wish to manually close
- At the far right of the Create Purchase Orders window, place a check mark in the Clsd column on that line
- Save your work by pressing either the Save & Close or Save & New button
- QuickBooks will show the Recording Transaction window, advising you that you changed the purchase order
- Click Yes to finish saving your work
Keep in mind that purchase orders are non-posting transactions. Once you’ve completed the above steps, QuickBooks will automatically reduce the Quantity on Purchase Order by the amount on the line item manually closed.