According to Intuit, “Unrecoverable Error 13691 59297” can occur when attempting to display a previous bank reconciliation report in QuickBooks Premier. It’s similar to “Unrecoverable Error 13739 97471,” which can occur when downloading a bank statement and has similar troubleshooting steps.
This error can occur for 1 of several possible reasons:
- The Display PDF in Browser option is selected in Adobe Reader 9 or
- The .QBW company file is damaged
If you’re using Adobe Reader 9, complete these steps to troubleshoot the problem:
- close QuickBooks
- Open Adobe Reader 9, click Edit->Preferences…->Internet and de-select the Display PDF in browser option
- Re-start QuickBooks and attempt to display the previous bank reconciliation that triggered the error
- If the problem still exists, close QuickBooks and run reboot.bat, a batch file located in the QuickBooks program folder
- Re-start your computer and re-start QuickBooks and attempt to display the troublesome bank reconciliation
- If the problem still exists, attempt to repair your QuickBooks installation
- If repairing your QuickBooks installation fails to fix the problem, perform a clean install of QuickBooks
Explore additional information on running reboot.bat, repairing your QuickBooks installation, or performing a clean install of QuickBooks.
You can also test whether this error occurs only in 1 company file. If so, that company file may be damaged. See our article on rebuilding a damaged company file for more help.
This error is also discussed in this Intuit knowledge base article.