According to Intuit, Error Code -6150, -1006: “An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to create, open, or use the company file” is an error that has multiple possible causes. The possible causes include:
- your company file (.qbw) is damaged and you were attempting to backup or create a portable file (.qbm)
- your QuickBooks installation is damaged
- you were attempting to open a portable file (.qbm) but QuickBooks wasn’t open
- the QuickBooks company file extension was changed or is the wrong type
- you were attempting to restore a QuickBooks for Macintosh backup file in QuickBooks for Windows
Here’s a screenshot of the actual error:
The steps to resolve this error can include reviewing the extension of your company file, verifying your company file, repairing your QuickBooks installation, or re-installing QuickBooks.
If you were not attempting to restore a QuickBooks for Macintosh backup in QuickBooks for Windows, consult this Intuit knowledge base article.
If you were attempting to restore a QuickBooks for Macintosh backup in QuickBooks for Windows, consult this Intuit knowledge base article.